Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Sad day - January 28, 2015

Sad day. Time to think about my priorities.   Sandye just got home from Calico Rock where she had been today with her mom to attend the funeral of Mason Seay.   Mason is the young son of a very old friend of mine, Mike Seay.  Mike and I shared some good times back when we were young.  Many stories that are best left untold.  Our careers have taken us different directions and we really haven’t stayed in touch with each other like we should have over the last 25 years or so.  I had a very busy day planned today at work and it would have been very hard for me to rearrange things so I could go to the funeral.  Now the day is over.  Sandye is home.  I saw some pictures from the funeral on the Baxter Bulletins web site.  I need a do over on this one.  I should have been there with Sandye and I should have been there for my friend.   I am sorry Mike.   I am sorry for your loss.  I am sorry we have been too busy over the last few years.   I am sorry I was not there today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment