Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Reed's Ramblings

A few years ago my dad, Reed Perryman , wrote a series of columns for the White River Current titled Reeds Ramblings. There were a total of 83 columns. I intended to post something on this a few weeks ago on the 5th anniversary of the last column.
I really enjoyed his style of writing these columns. You never really new what the column was about until the end. For example, one of my favorites is his column about girl friends. It was really about meeting my mom. A couple of years ago, I started interviewing dad and have recorded several hours of audio on topics such as growing up in Calico Rock, going off to college, army life, the drug store, the Calico Rock Cumberland Presbyterian Church, etc. I hope we can capture more. I am excited about the possibilities of ZOOMing a few interviews. Maybe someday I will be able to archive these interviews on the internet for others to listen to. In the mean time you can read his columns at the "Reed's Ramblin" link on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment