Thursday, September 15, 2022

Raising Children or Being a Leader - an allegory from Aaron Sorkin

From The West Wing - December 13, 2000

 This guy is walking down the street when he falls in a hole.   The walls are so steep he can't get out.

A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, "hey you, can you help me out?"  The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole, and moves on.

A preacher comes along and the guys shouts out, "hey padre, I am down in this hole.  Can you help me out?"  The preacher says a prayer and then moves on.

Then a friend comes along and the guy shouts out, "hey Steve, can you help me out?" So the friend jumps down into the hole.  Our guy says, "are you stupid, now we are both down here."  and the friend says, "yeah I know, but I have been down here before and I know the way out."


No comments:

Post a Comment