I was recently invited to a
podcast to discuss the traits of a successful trucking company owner interested in growing their business. One of the recommendations I discussed was the importance of hiring the right people and then getting out of their way so they could do their jobs. That discussion reminded me of Ray Dalio's now classic book,
"Principles" in which he covers the topic in one of the chapters. I dug out my copy of the book and reread Chapter 8 titled "Hire Right, Because the Penalties for Hiring Wrong Are Huge".
I want to share a passage from Chapter 8 that I highlighted the first time I read the book:
"At a high level, we look for people who think independently, argue open-mindedly and assertively, and above all else value the intense pursuit of truth and excellence, and through it, the rapid improvement of themselves and the organization."
No comments:
Post a Comment