Friday, May 2, 2025

Psalm 86 - the George King version

A Prayer from the Heart – Inspired by Psalm 86

Lord,
I’m down on my knees talkin’ to You,
’Cause I sure do need You to listen.
I ain’t got much to offer,
But I belong to You, and I trust You with all I got.

Take care of me, Lord—
I try to walk straight, I try to do right.
Be merciful, ‘cause I’m cryin’ out to You all day long.
Lift my spirit, Lord,
I’m leanin’ hard on You.

You’re good, Lord.
Full of kindness and quick to forgive.
Anyone who hollers Your name gets Your love.
So I’m callin’ You now, Lord—
Please hear me out.
When trouble comes knockin’,
You’re the One I run to.

Ain’t nobody like You, Lord.
Ain’t nobody do what You can do.
One day, all the folks from all over
Gonna stand before You and worship.
They’ll see You for who You are—
Big and mighty and holy.

Teach me, Lord, to walk in Your ways.
I wanna live right and true.
Tie my heart to Yours so it don’t wander.
I’ll praise You, Lord, with all I got.
I’ll thank You forever,
’Cause You’ve been mighty good to me—
You pulled me outta some dark places.

Lord, there’s folks out to get me,
Mean ones who don’t care a lick about You.
But You, Lord, You’re full of mercy,
Kind and patient,
Faithful and loving through and through.

So I’m askin’,
Turn Your eyes toward me,
Give me strength,
Lift me up like only You can.
Give me a sign of Your goodness,
So my enemies will know You’re standin’ with me
And they’ll see I ain’t alone.

Thank You, Lord.
You always come through.
Amen.


Translated with the help of ChatGPT

No comments:

Post a Comment