I am not crazy about the Affordable Care Act, otherwise
referred to as Obamacare. It’s not
because it is a Democrat or Obama idea.
I just think it is too complicated and not well thought out. I do not believe any time was spent thinking
about the unintended consequences of a new government program this large. Nobody seems to know what the long-term
impact is going to be to our economy.
But here is the thing, I didn’t like the health care system
before Obamacare and truly believe something needed to be done. I am not a big government liberal but you
can’t deny the fact that the federal and state governments are already deeply entrenched
in healthcare in our country via Medicare, Medicaid and other various government
programs. The government has to have a
seat at the health care debate table.
I am really upset with all the time, energy and money that
has been spent trying to repeal Obamacare.
Repealing Obamacare simply assumes that we were better off before it was
made law. I don’t think so and I believe
the facts support my position. Reform
was necessary. Let’s quit arguing and
work together on a solution.
Here are just a couple of facts that you might find interesting
as a Citizen:
According to the Organization
for Economic Co-operation and Development, the United States life
expectancy of 78.4 years at birth, up from 75.2 years in 1990, ranks 50th
among 221 nations, and 27th out of the 34 industrialized OECD countries, down from 20th
in 1990.
Of the 17 high-income countries studied by the National
Institutes of Health in 2013, the United States had the highest or
near-highest prevalence of infant mortality, heart and lung disease, sexually
transmitted infections, adolescent pregnancies, injuries, homicides and
disability.
No comments:
Post a Comment