My Intention for the Years Ahead
I believe every day is a gift from God and every decision is an exchange of a portion of my life. Time, attention, energy, wisdom, relationships, and influence are the true capital entrusted to me. Because these gifts are finite, I intend to invest them deliberately and wisely.
I will strive to exchange my life only for things of lasting value.
My priorities are clear.
First, my family.
I intend to love well, be fully present, pass on wisdom, preserve our family's history, encourage future generations, and leave an inheritance that includes character, faith, and perspective—not merely financial assets.
Second, my community.
I intend to use my knowledge, experience, and resources to strengthen the organizations, churches, businesses, and people God places in my path. I will seek to serve more than to be recognized and to build more than to possess.
Third, my country.
I intend to contribute to a society built upon integrity, personal responsibility, servant leadership, respect for others, and the rule of law. I will participate thoughtfully, act with humility, and leave my community stronger than I found it.
Fourth, mankind.
I intend to share ideas, principles, and experiences that may benefit others beyond my own circle. If something I learn can improve another person's life or leadership, I have a responsibility to pass it on.
I recognize that every opportunity carries two costs: a financial cost and a life cost. Before committing my time or attention, I will ask:
Is this worthy of exchanging a portion of my life?
Does this align with my purpose and calling?
Will this strengthen faith, relationships, wisdom, or lasting value?
Am I saying "yes" to something that requires me to say "no" to something more important?
I will remember that activity is not accomplishment, and accomplishment is not significance.
Success is not measured by how much I accumulate but by how faithfully I steward what has been entrusted to me.
I will seek wisdom over information, character over reputation, contribution over recognition, and faithfulness over comfort.
I will be intentional in preserving my family's stories, mentoring future leaders, improving the organizations I serve, and leaving systems that continue to benefit others long after I am gone.
When my life is complete, I hope those who know me best will say that I loved deeply, led with integrity, lived with purpose, and left people, organizations, and communities stronger than I found them.
Above all, I desire to hear the words of my Lord:
"Well done, good and faithful servant."
No comments:
Post a Comment